Wow! A long time since we've posted. I feel like every weekend I am going to post and then it's a month since our last post. Time is flying quickly although this week has been DRAGGING on forever! School has been to stressful and crazy to talk about and Mason's busy flying as normal. We've definitely entered our Spring here, and have had 70 degree most days the past couple of weeks with lots of wind. The tornado sirens were going off at school and at home one day last week. The tornado had touched down near by, but we just got big scary clouds. Although, as I write this the clouds are a brewin' and the wind is picking up so maybe some more excitement tonight. :-)
I took my first of three Texas certification exams, and passed. It was basic pedagogy and classroom scenarios, but I was glad to be done with that. This Saturday I have my next exam which covers 4-8th grade English. I think I'll do okay, but this is a paper based exam so I won't receive my score right away, and that will drive me nuts. Oh well. I'm just excited that I'm on my way to my "permanent" Texas certification. I am signed up to teach summer school which will only go until the 4th of July and is from 8-12 so that will be something to keep me busy while Mason is flying, but I'm glad I'll have time off too.
For school I am planning/running a field day/around the world day. Our history curriculum is based on culture projects and so we are combing different cultures to have an around the world field day. This will kick off on May 22nd. I think we're taking our kids to see Prince Caspian that week too! I also pimped my schedule so that I have 3/5 Fridays off in May. That will be AWESOME!
Mason and his class went paintballing last weekend, and he has so many welts on his body it looks like someone beat him. The guys had fun though. The ladies took a trip to Bowie, Texas (which, if you're from the south is pronounced buoy.) We got do go to Dairy Queen :-D but our main purpose was to go to an even called second Monday which was a HUGE flea market. Mason wasn't thrilled that I came back with an assortment of Disney movies. At least I didn't bring home a dog. :-) We skipped out on the rattlesnake roundup that weekend but did go to many BBQs.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
It's a Twister
Posted by
Ellen
at
6:48:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment