Thursday, November 1, 2007

Mean ole Me


Mean ole me, I think I was probably the only teacher to give homework on Halloween. Not really any surprise when only a handful of children had actually turned in their homework...can't really blame them, after yesterday I didn't really want to do any work at home either. This week has been a busy one at school. Every three weeks my students have big culture presentations and this week is one of them, so it's a madhouse getting visuals done etc...although I did a better job so that they are organized and not in so much panic. I was fighting off a cold this week too, which made me a little more short tempered than usual.

Halloween was a fun day for the kids- too much candy. I used my "creativeness" and was a stop light, using three pieces of construction paper, not too original, but cheap. Mason and I carved our pumpkin on Monday so that I was fun. He was the designer and I carved. We didn't have too many visitors, but enough to make a dent in our candy bowl. It's nice that the weather was warm and the sun was up until 7:30pm. The weather has been much better here, cooler in the mornings and evening, but still in the low seventies during the day.

Tonight Mason and I hit up the casino and walked away with our "free" $6.00. Wahoo! Wee can get some frosties or something this weekend. I took pictures of my classroom on Wednesday morning. I'll take some soon with the kids in there, but for now here's a little look(and Halloween too). http://neiu.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2014235&l=4a4bd&id=77800450

No comments: