'Twas the morning of Thanksgiving, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. The turkey was stuffed in the oven with care, in hopes that a hungry husband would smell delight in the air...
Okay, my rhymes are lame, but it is 6:30 am, and while the dear hubby was in bed around 11pm, I found myself with a restless, insomniatic (is that a word) night. It's a strange feeling being away from family for the holidays. This is actually the first Thanksgiving that Mason and I will be having together, as a married couple, and in our entire relationship. Thanksgiving was the one holiday where neither one of us wanted to stray from our families to be with the others. Christmas was a fair split between Christmas Eve, and the day of, but Thanksgiving was the one holiday where we both felt it necessary to be with our families. So I guess today, we have our family dinner, just the two of us...but not to worry that we won't be thinking of our families as we have green jello, cinnamon bread, stuffing, turkey, and play monopoly and Mexican train all day long. The Thanksgiving parade is on at 9am, and while Mason was less than thrilled about waking up for that, I think I will have plenty of energy to stay awake.
Meanwhile, on my original point, that the grinch has moved into town, in fact this very house, one could guess very easily that that would be Ebeneezer mason scrooge. Of this, he is very proud. While having the benefit of an early day off school on Tuesday I decided to go out shopping for some post Halloween bargains, and some early Christmas bargains. (yes, I skipped mowing the lawn.) I ended up getting 1 thing on a Halloween sale, that I was begging Mason to let me get for a month, but I got it 80% off...much better (but not free) I also got some Christmas lights for our non-(yet)-existent Christmas tree. I was only joking when I said to Mason that we could point a tree on the wall and hang the lights there...he may have taken me seriously. While it may be TETO (to early to obsess) I have reminded Mason that Christmas, with no tree, stockings, etc...would kinda be like any other day...so we'll see how that goes. And, apparently there are NO Jewish people in Texas whatsoever, because when I walk into a store and say, Hanukkah, menorah, dreidel...I get looks like I am from a foreign country...something not quite right.
Anyways, on a more positive note, Mason's aunt Caty and her husband Derik had their first baby girl Janneke this week, and she is so cute, we saw lots of pictures! So, it's fun to see both sides of the family growing all the time. Eventually we'll add to the Weinberg-Kehs population (but that will be in a LONG time.) Hope everyone has a happy and healthy Thanksgiving.
Thursday, November 22, 2007
The Grinch has moved into town
Posted by
Ellen
at
6:30:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment