Thursday, June 7, 2007

An Ode to Chicago that isn't really an Ode at all

Today was another relaxing day on the base. We went out to town (Wichita Falls), Mason isn't able to go any farther than that without filling out paperwork. We shopped around the Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart for Washers, Dryers, and area rugs...eventually we'll have to think about getting a BBQ Grill, and something else that I am forgetting about now. I guess the Tivo and flowers will have to wait until it's all in the budget. However, a new car may be on the horizon...

Things we've been missing from Chicago:
-Buffalo Joes
-Deep Dish Pizza
-Speed Limits above 25mph
-Squirrels (it's amazing how you miss those things when you don't see them)
-Normal size bugs (although I could do without those anytime)
-Normal size rabbits (the jack rabbits are quite large)
-Being out past 9pm and being able to see other people (it's very much like the Truman Show here...someone is always watching)
-Having stores be open before 9 and close after 5pm.
-The fast paced world...everything here is so slow, but, after being out today in the 90+ degree weather, I have to say we were pretty slow movin' too.

Well, that's all for today...unless something really exciting happens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I notice "family" didn't make that list..I assume that's just implied? :) Glad you're settling in. love, Nora

Mom said...

The fauna is interesting - a little more flora - from your tree lover!