5.11.20
Last week I wasn't great about getting out for my daily walk. I was starting to take an evening walk by myself to get out for the day and clear my head. On Monday I ended up sleeping in late after having bad sleep on Sunday evening, so after getting a late start to the day and the kids were already involved with projects, I decided to get into work during the afternoon. Mason went for a run, and I decided I was going to take the kiddos out for a short hike at a location close to our house. We ended up waiting on Mason to go, and we headed to Swanson Park trails for a 2.5 mile hike.
Swanson Park has a really nice playground (currently blocked off), fields, and the trail is actually meant for mountain bikes. Since it was a cloudy Monday afternoon I was surprised how many cars were in the parking lot. The kids and I have been a few time, and we've rarely seen anyone there on the trails. The trails are very winding, and now that the greenery is filling back in we didn't really see too many people on the trail, and we only occasionally had to hop to the side for a bike rider zipping by.
The boys had lots of fun climbing trees, playing in stick teepees, and searching for treasures. Mason and Max wound a discarded bike light. On the way home we decided we would look for some geocaches. I'd talked to the boys about it a few times, but whenever they'd bring it up, I wasn't prepared or we weren't near any. We happened to be near some between the park and our house, so we stopped to search for three.
The boys had a blast searching for them! I think we'll have to create some small items that we can leave behind and maybe prepare a few geocaches of our own to hide around the area. I'm looking forward to continuing this activity with the kids during the summer.







No comments:
Post a Comment