This week we taught Theo and Woodrow how to use email on their iPads. It might be argued that email is a dying form and texting us taken over. I do love some good snail mail, as do the boys, but the convenience of email is great.
They have been having a good time with it so far. They have a list of who they’re allowed to email, a limit on how many emails they can send per day, and they’re supposed to keep it “appropriate”. So far they’re doing pretty well, although we have to remind them about writing full thoughts, not just sending emoji emails, and no asking for money (woodrow).
I’m sure all sorts of family secrets will start pouring out soon enough, but how wonderful that they can connect with great-grandmas, grandparents, aunts, and uncles. Last night after the chaos of a packing day I sat and wrote them each a quick email to preserve some of the memories from our time here. I’m hoping to make that more regular, because while I mean to blog highlights and funny things, or write in their individual journals, I am bad at it. Maximus also has an email, so I can tuck away gems for when he’s old enough to read his email.
It’s fun to see their enjoyment and how they’ll take “email breaks” during the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment