Right now I'm finding myself in that familiar in-between place. I've spent a lot of this past year feeling like I can't quite get two feet on the ground. I can't seem to align all the areas of my life and it leaves me feeling unbalanced. When I finally seem to reach a place where I am on steady ground, something shifts ever so slightly and throws me off balance again.
We're about 8.5 weeks from moving to our new duty station. So, I'm in the in-between of being excited about what's coming up ahead. A new place to explore, a new house to turn into a home and make memories in, and yet there's so much we're going to be leaving behind now. This year has been hard in some ways, and magical in others. We see family every week, usually multiple times a week. My kids are getting to have relationships with Great-grandparents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins in real time, not just via email, mail, and Facebook. It's amazing. They get this time. Mason and I get this time. The schedule Mason's had has been incredible. So, I don't want to wish any of our time here away, but it's also hard to not think about what's coming up next. I want to freeze time. I was to take everyone with us.
I'm trying to soak in every moment we have where we are right now. The in-between is a hard place.
Saturday, April 13, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment