Clearly I'm doing poorly on my New Year's Goal to keep up with blogging weekly. I can't believe it's the last day of March and I have slacked off so severely. My apologies. I really do want to be writing more, sharing more, and usually Facebook gets my quick post and picture of the day. I was going to hop on here with an April topic and get ahead of myself, but I just can't seem to write that post just yet seeing how I've left out so many memories and stories from this year.
February. Well. Where to start catching up.
We found out that we will be moving slightly West to Omaha, Nebraska, where Mason will be assigned to a Joint-Staff job at STRATCOM at Offutt Air Force Base. We are pretty excited for this move for many reasons. (I mean, we LOVE where we are now in IL...the dream assignment...but we know we'd be moving again).
We've heard nothing but positives about Omaha. It's a big enough city it has what you want, but isn't overwhelming. The family life is supposed to be awesome. We've been told that many people extend their assignments there or end up retiring there because they enjoy it so much. We should be at this assignment for three years.
We have some close friends already living there, which makes any military move better! Friends-yay! This location is also the next closest to "home" in Illinois. So, if we can't be 30 minutes from family, we are now only 7-8 hours away-that's a day trip! We also haven't been here yet, so that's another definite plus.
As usual, I'm sure we'll be crying leaving Chicago, and crying when we arrive in Omaha, but I just know this is going to be a great time for our family, even if it means we have to give Mason back to Air Force land.

No comments:
Post a Comment