Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Peace out 2018

If I'm being totally honest, 2018 has not been my favorite year.  So many people say, you don't have to wait for a new year, or new month, or new week to begin again.  They say, start today...and while I am not wishing this holiday season away at all, because I am loving the holiday season and spirit, I am ready to turn that page to 2019.

I rocked 2017.  It was my year.  I felt the best that I've felt in years in terms of who I was, the wife I was, the mom I was, the friend I was.  I was living my best life.  There was a lot of growth, happiness, and good vibes in 2017.


2018 sort of started and things felt like they went downhill fast.  I hesitate to say that it really sucked, because there were moments and times of beauty and goodness.  But. But there was a lot of sadness, pain, and struggle.

I am pretty sure that Mason thinks I create this all myself.  That everything is fine all the time and I bend things out of proportion.   I guess that's our biggest difference.  Maybe it's just us, maybe its a male/female thing. Maybe it's me.  I guess in the end it doesn't really matter because no matter where the feeling come from, I feel how it affects my daily life-my mood, my attitude towards my husband, towards my kids, towards life.

I'm ready to toss this weight off my heart and mind and turn the page to a new beginning. 

No comments: