Saturday, December 30, 2017

Max Turns 13 months...wait 14 months!

I have been chasing these kiddos around and enjoying life and not spending time sitting down to blog, and I've gotten behind!  So, November 21st Maximus turned thirteen months, and here we are past December 21st when he turned fourteen months.  Mason and I just have a BLAST with him, and think this age is sooooo fun!  He's a lot of work to keep up with and keep track of, but he's so cute. 

Maximus is wearing 12-18 month clothes, size 3 diapers, likes to use the paci when he's tired/teething and at night.  One of these days I guess we'll need to put shoes on his feet and get him to keep them there, but we life the island life, so shoes are optional. Max has been doing well sleeping through the night again and had enjoyed having his brothers on winter break because he actually gets an uninterruped nap time!  Yay!!!! 

Our little guy has quickly gone from cruising, to first steps, to speed walking around the house.  It still makes me chuckle when I see his little thighs trot around the corners of the house.  He still loves climbing.  He is frequently on top of the coffee table, couches, brothers, and recently he enjoys trying to get on top of the dining room table.  If he isn't buckled into his high chair he's climbing out of it, so it's fair to say we're not really in the eating out stage with this one.  Beach picnics it it!  He does pretty well in shopping carts, but also knows how to evade those buckles!   

Maximus is truly our Guam baby!  He enjoys playing at the beach, getting covered in sand, and is always making his way back into the ocean.  I'm so happy that all of our little guys like the beach and that we can take advantage of the warm, beachy weather. 

I wish I could capture the interactions Max and Mason have because they are just precious.  When Max sees Mason for the first time in the day or after work, he's all smiles, points his finger at Mason, and grunts/squeals, and now he walks to him for a big Dad hug.  He's definitely Daddy's little man, although he likes his mama snuggles too.  This little one is always trying to be in on what Theo and Woodrow are doing, which sometimes they enjoy and sometimes they aren't too fond of (mostly when playing a game or legos).



Max does a pretty good job eating.  He loves mixed veggies (peas, carrots, corn), waffle are his favorite breakfast food, and he's mostly switched all to the sippy cup and whole milk, except for his evening bottle...but if he's sleeping well, he can keep the night bottle.

While Max likes to play with anything the big kids are playing with, he really enjoys the stackable blocks his great-grandma got him for his birthday and he likes playing with small stuffed animals from Sesame Street and every morning looks for his  "whoo whoo" owl to say good morning to.  

It has been pure joy watching Maximus enjoy the Christmas season.  He loves the lights, displays, and oohs and ahhs when we see decorations in stores or in offices/shops.  The giggling is contagious, and I wish I could bottle it forever. 

Max babbles quite a bit and says a few words (mama, dada, waa waa (waffle), uhh oooh (usually after he's thrown his food on the floor), nigh nigh, bye bye (accompanied with a cute little wave).  I wish I could bottle this age forever!!!  He's just gotten his 6th tooth popping out on his bottom row, and is a delight! 

No comments: