Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 Reading Challenge

A few years ago I signed up with a website called Goodreads.  In the past few years I've really been using it to track books I've been reading.  This year my goal is to go back and add a comment for each one.  Also, if I add a book to my reading list and it was recommended by a friend I want to notate that as well.

In 2016 I rocked my goal of reading 35 books by surpassing it with 63.  This year I though I surely wasn't going to reach that number again, so I set my list at 35 books. Well, I surpassed the goal AGAIN!  This year I read 81 books!  I will say about halfway through the year I joined Audible, so I guess about 20 of those books were listened too, but I think it's still a great list. 

I had also set the goal to read Pride and Prejudice and the entire Bible.  Sorry Jane Austen, I picked it up several times and even tried the audio, but I couldn't get too far.  I did however, complete for the first time reading the entire Holy Bible.  

My goal for 2018 is to read 40 books.  I've got a long list of "to reads" and a bookshelf full of books, so I'm looking forward to reading and learning even more this year.  

If you have recommendations, I'd love to hear them!

My Reading List
The Couple Next Door-Shari Lapena
Apple Turnover Murder-Joanne Fluke
Devil's Food Cake Murder-Joanne Fluke
Winter Solstice-Elin Hilderbrand
Happy Little Family-Rebecca Caudill
Plum Pudding Murder-Joanne Fluke
The Holy Bible- NIV
Cream Puff Murder-Joanne Fluke
The Turquoise Table:Finding Community and Connection in Your Own Front Yard-Kristin Schell
Tim Gunn: The Natty Professor:A Master Class on Mentoring, Motivations, and Making it Work-Tim Gunn
Brazen: The Courage to Find the You that's beem hiding-Leeana Tankersley
A River in Darkness-Masaji Ishikawa
Carrot Cake Murder-Joanne Fluke
The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns-Chris Colfer
Before We were Yours-Lisa Wingate
What a son needs from his mom-Cheri Fuller
Candy Cane Murder-Joanne Fluke
A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning-Lemony Snicket
A Walk in the Woods-Bill Bryson
Key Lime Pie Murder- Joanne Fluke
Cherry Cheesecake Murder-Joanne Fluke
The Orphan's Tale-Pam Jenoff
The Glass Castle-Jeannette Walls
The Alice Network-Kate Quinn
The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell: Chris Colfer
Of Mess and Moxie: Wrangling Delight Out of this Wild and Glorious Life- Jen Hatmaker
The Mouse and the Motorcycle- Beverly Cleary
Into the Water-Paula Hawkins
The Shack-Paul Young
The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*uck-Sarah Knight
Alice in Wonderland- Lewis Carroll
Peach Cobbler Murder-Joanne Fluke
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe-C.S. Lewis
For the Love-Jen Hatmaker
The Tales of Beedle the Bard-JK Rowling
Present over Perfect-Shauna Niequist
This is Just My Face-Gabourey Sidibe
Sugar Cookie Murder-Joanne Fluke
The Magnolia Story-Chip and Joanna Gaines
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz-Frank Baum
Fudge Cupcake Murder-Joanne Fluke
Flags of our Fathers- James Bradley
Big Little Lies-Liane Moriarty
Lemon Meringue Pie-Joanne Fluke
Two by Two-Nicholas Sparks
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child-JK Rowling
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows-JK Rowling
The Korean Word for Butterfly-James Zerndt
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince- JK Rowling
Clara's War: One Girl's Story of Survival-Clara Kramer
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix-JK Rowling
Blueberry Muffin Murder-Joanne Fluke
52 Things sons need from their moms-Angela Thomas
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire- JK Rowling
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban- JK Rowling
Below Stairs-Margaret Powell
Strawberry Shortcake Murder- Joanne Fluke
Dinosaurs Before Dark- Mary Pope Osborne
Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood- Jim Fay
The House we Grew up In-Lisa Jewell
Unstuffed0 Ruth Soukup
David: Seeking a Heart like his- Beth Moore
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets- JK Rowling
Attack of the Dragons- Geronomo Stilton
See Me- Nicholas Sparks
Peter Pan- JM Barre
Made to Crave- LIsa terkeurst
Conspiracy 365- Gabrielle Lord
Wild Things: The Art of Nurturing Boys- Stephen James
Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder- Joanne Fluke
No Mardi Gras for the Dead- DJ Donaldson
Me, Myself, and Lies-Jennifer Rothschild
Anne of the Island- LM Montgomery
Winter Storms-Elin Hilderbrand
Anne of Avonlea- LM Montgomery
A Modern Girls' Guide to Bible Study- Jen Hatmaker
The Wedding Dress-Racher Hauck
The Best Advice I ever got on Parenting- Jim Daly
Uninvited Bible Study- Lysa Terkeurst
Uninvited Book-Lysa Terkeurst
Anne of Green Gables- LM Montgomery




No comments: