Monday, June 13, 2016

Puntan Dos Amantes

On one of our outings last week I decided to check out Puntan Dos Amantes, or, Two Lovers Point.  This location is not to far from where we live ("close" = about 20 minutes these days).  We grabbed a fancy lunch from Wendy's which the boys ate in the car and when we arrived we were lucky enough to find a parking spot in the actual lot.  This is definitely a top tourist spot and even though it was lunchtime on a weekday, there were still a decent amount of people there. Several Japanese tourist buses passed through.  There were some cars parked along the side of the road leading up to the parking lot, so I imagine it does get pretty crowded at times. 

I had wanted Mason to come on this outing, but figured I'd take the kids, and Mason and I would head back at sunset on a date night at some point in our time here on Guam.  The weather was pretty hot the day we went, but we were able to find a shaded area to enjoy our chocolate frostys.  They were melting quicker than the boys could consume them.  Theo says he saw "30 lizards" while I went to go throw away our trash, but I'm guessing it was more like 1.  The area at Two Lovers Point isn't huge, but was perfect for these guys. 

You could purchase little foam hearts for $6 and lock them to the gates, trees, or walls nearby.  We decided to skip this, but it reminded me very much of something we witnessed when Mason and I went to Japan.  Most people wrote love messages on their hearts, and locked them with heart shape locks which were also for sale.  They looked very pretty in contrast to the flowers and ocean backdrop. 

The water from this vantage point was pristine.  It was so many colors of teal and blue.  We did pay $3 to go to the observation tower (kids were free) and I could have used the pass to return at sunset, but we didn't.  The view was amazing.  Sometimes looking out into the ocean really reminds you that your on an island in the middle of the ocean.  We also had a good view of Tumon Bay.  There was a jet ski class that we oversaw which the kids thought was cool. 

The boys really liked to see the statue of the two lovers when we came down from the observation area, and they got to ring the bell of love which was a huge hit.  Woodrow made a friend with an elderly Japanese man who Woodrow allowed to hold his hand down a flight of stairs.  I was shocked. 

This was a nice, quick adventure with the two little guys and I was glad to check the site off of my bucket list. 




The story of Two Lovers Point:   http://www.twoloverspoint.com/legend.htm

No comments: