The tradition of home-made costumes lives on this year. Theo was very clear as to costume assignments. He chose them one day on our long vacation while we were hiking, and for weeks he stuck with the same story. He was going to be a pumpkin, Woodrow was going to be a ghost, I was going to be a black cat, and Dad was going to be a pumpkin just like Theo. He would tell everyone who asked. Personally, I was pretty excited about this...easy costumes...the tricky part is to let the costume show while also keeping warm.
Last year we went to Trick or Treating in Downtown Minot in the morning, and we did the same this year. It was pretty cold, so I just bundled the boys up and let them wear their Daniel Tiger and O the Owl hats that my friend Ande made them. Perfect "costume." Woodrow didn't care about candy, and Theo was much more brave about walking in a store, saying "TRICK OR TREAT" and then coming back outside to where I was. He had lots of fun, and was excited to use his pumpkin basket that he got when someone "boo-ed" us. The timing was perfect, because we got to all of the shops in about an hour, which was all the time we had because we had to scoot to Theo's first gymnastics lesson.
We were really excited that this year Mason could join us for evening trick-or-treating since he had to work last year. We bundled up the boys and I was able to fit their sweatshirt costumes over their jackets so they could be seen. Theo liked passing out candy while we were getting ready, and then we were out for about an hour. He did a great job going house to house, saying "trick or treat" and saying "thank you." I was pretty proud of him.
Theo did wear his costume to "pre-school" the day before and thought that was pretty fun, and he almost turned down my hand-made costume for one my neighbor had made years back for her kiddos that she found in her Halloween stash. He tried it one, and said he was going to wear it, but in the end, he decided to go with Mom's costume. :)
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment