Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Woodrow at 8 months

Woodrow has lungs...and he knows how to use them.  At eight months old, Woodrow has developed his little voice.  He let's out blood-curdling screams when he is mad, which fortunately isn't too often, but it's also pretty sad.  Woodrow mostly cries when he truly needs something (food or diaper change).  He has started to babble a little bit, but I'm working on getting him to say a few words, but no luck yet.  I've started using some sign language with him, and he definitely understands the sign for "food."

For a boy who puts EVERYTHING in his mouth, especially now that he's teething, he doesn't seem that interested in putting food in his mouth.  He is grabby towards food, but doesn't want to put it in his mouth.  I've been trying to make sure that he's getting pureed fruits and veggies once or twice a day now, but eventually I'm going to move him up to three food feedings a day.  He's just so messy!  He essentially needs a bath or full wipe down after every meal.  Which makes milk feedings so much easier.  He nurses or has a bottle about 6-7 times a day.  I'm also working on cutting those back, and going longer between feedings, but he's on a pretty regular schedule.

Woodrow's been sleeping around 11-13 hours at night and taking a 3-4 hour nap each afternoon.  He's been working on cutting some teeth, and while his gums are white and hard, no teeth have popped out yet.  He's growing big and tall, wearing 6-9 month clothes and still in size 2 diapers.

This month Woodrow learned to crawl.  He went from the little worm crawl to a full-up on his knees crawl.  He's off and moving quicker and quicker each day especially since he has Gram and Grandpa's house to explore and a big brother to keep up with.    

Poor little guy had his first cold this month.  It was pretty pitiful.  I was hoping he would avoid it since Theo and I both had it, but there were just too many sneezes and coughs headed his way from big brother.  Fortunately Woodrow likes baths a whole lot more now, and has been content to relax in bubble baths to relax.  Despite all of our colds we still made our road trip to Evanston!  Woodrow's first road trip.  He was a trooper.  It helped a lot that he learned to hold his bottle by himself which was nice on the drive. 

This little one keeps exerting his sweet personality.  One of the sweetest stories from the month was when Theo and I were listening to a story Mason had recorded in an audio book and as soon ass Woodrow heard Mason's voice he turned and crawled straight towards the book.  Woodrow also lights up when he sees Mason on Skype, which makes me happy.   Love our baby Woodrow.




No comments: