Theo and I started taking a Mommy and Me Yoga class on base in January. It's once a week for a half hour and I was so excited to start it with him, because he needed something to get some energy out and there were finally enough families signed up to have the class! I was a little unsure of how it would go at first because he's 2-would he really listen to the teacher, and would Woodrow be okay in the stroller for the duration of the class without disturbing anyone. We really liked the class, and a friend actually teaches the class, and she's awesome! Theo was really excited that we got to buy our own Yoga mats after I determined we'd be back for more. (I've also hoped to get to the adult yoga classes-but that hasn't happened yet since I'm solo parenting).


Anyways, the teacher Mrs. Jenn makes the class so fun and engaging for the little ones. There are about 5 families that come each week and on days where I'm so concerned about Theo not really paying attention, I just look around the room and realize it's mostly 2-4 year olds who are all behaving the same way. Most of the poses she relates to animals, which the kids just LOVE! Over the past two and a half months Theo's actually gotten much better at following directions and doing the poses. He really likes Down-Doggy, Giraffe, and can do bridge on his own now. He'll probably show you if you ask too.


Theo also loves that he gets stickers at the end of class! The kid seriously enjoys his stickers. Woodrow isn't as content anymore to sit in the stroller for the whole class. In the beginning he was just taking a nap, but now that he can move, he wants to be up and about, which doesn't make a super Zen-like state for me, but the teacher says he can keep coming to class. The past two weeks I've eventually let him get out and roll around on my mat while Theo and I do the poses on his mat. We'll be taking a break in April and May, but I hope that the class is still offered in the summer and the Fall, because we really enjoy going!
I snapped a few pictures before one of our classes, but it's really much better to see in person. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment