Tuesday, February 26, 2013

New specks

I don't like doctors.  Never have.  Always get super nervous, and then later when I was in college I would get to the point where I would go to the doctor and be where I would almost throw-up, throw-up, or pass out.  Because of this, I just didn't go to different appointments.  I was able to overcome LOTS when I was pregnant...you kind of have to.  So know I can have blood drawn and not pass out or throw-up.  One of the doctors I quickly ran from and hid from was the eye doctor.

Mason's been bugging me to go to the eye doctor for A LONG TIME and I've been too chicken.  I finally decided that the day before we were pulling out of town (Wednesday) I'd call a place that had been recommended to me and if they had an appointment for that day, then I would go.  "Lucky" for me...they did.  Instead of telling Mason I was going, I decided to take Theo with me as a little guarantee of not passing out of throwing-up.  I figured he'd provide the distraction needed to stay calm- and it worked!  He was actually really well behaved (thank you kid playroom in the waiting room and his Ernie book I brought with)!

The eye doctor was great and the appointment went really well!  My eyes were in really good health but slightly fuzzy, not shocking.  So I have a schnazzy new pair of glasses, which I'll use mostly for driving.  They really helped on the drive North, and I'm glad I got them.

Yeah, yeah, Mason...you told me so.  :)    

No comments: