In my family we have a history of "low-budget" costuming. When I was little my mom bought a white sweatsuit that served a year as a snowman, a year as a bunny, and then more costumes for my sister. We do "home made" costumes, which I recently had to clarify as more like, "home crafted/thrown together" costumes. Low budget, yet funny and cute.
Some previous costumes of ours include:
"I'm a month old, so I'm just wearing pumpkins" (2011)
"The Ocean"
"Peanut Butter Jelly Time"
"A Stop Light" (Apparently, I'm thrilled)
As for Halloween day, we didn't have many plans. Theo and I carved our pumpkin an hour before trick or treating started. He wasn't that in to it, I thought he'd like the gooey insides, but he was more in to playing with his mini pumpkin. I decided that we weren't going to take Theo trick or treating, mostly because we usually make fun of people who take their little infants trick or treating, since that's mostly the parents in it for the candy then...we did have a few requests for Theo to come by friends houses, so we did stop by three houses in our neighborhood, and then we passed out candy at our house.
Theo had fun (I think), and I already have a few ideas for next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment