I’ve talked before about all the reasons I decided to go back to work, and the hard feelings associated with that choice. I had to go back to work on December 7th to be a judge for Senior Projects. I worked until the 16th, so it was just enough days to get back into “school mode” and then have a long break to be with Mason and Theo. My mom came to town to watch Theo when I went back in December which was VERY nice and helped make going to work less difficult. I knew Theo was in excellent hands, and he was having a great time with Gram.
Over winter vacation I got lots of questions about where Theo would be when I went back to work in January. When I respond with daycare I usually get the following reactions.
1. Oh? You aren’t staying home with him. ie. what a terrible person you are to leave your child with someone else.
2. That’s good. Day care raised my children really well.
3. You’ll be okay. Theo will be fine.
Heavy Sigh, I just really started second guessing my decision again and again, and started to worry about it more and more. The waterworks began again at different times during the car ride home and definitely lots on Tuesday when reality hit that the next day I was going to have to bring Theo to daycare and let him be with someone else all day.
Fortunately, it’s worked out so far that Mason’s taken him every morning, and I pick him up between 4:00 and 4:30. The first day I was at work I was so busy. I of course thought about Theo, but the end of the day came quickly. When I picked him up the first day he was in the middle of being fed and they let me sit and finish feeding them. There were a few tears and basically I bawled the entire night once I got home. I didn’t like seeing someone else feeding my baby, and I just felt like I was terrible for not being with him. That was the last day of tears. Theo really seems to enjoy going to school (as we now call it). Every day I come in there and he’s playing (sitting in the chair or swing) and babbling with the workers. I think he’s a fan fav! I’m feeling a little better about it, and I’m grateful that the days go by quickly and that I’ve been given the gift of time management so I don’t have to work on school work at home on the weekends.
1 comment:
Daycare can be a difficult decision. If you stay home or work outside of the home your child will know that they are loved by your actions.
Post a Comment