I just finished reading Ellen Degeneres' book, "Seriously...I'm Kidding." I really liked it a lot. It was short chapters on a variety of topics and just an enjoyable book to read. She wrote a chapter on being happy and finding things in life that make you happy and not being down in the dumps all the time. I started thinking about how I act sometimes and how there are really more occsasions to be happy and joyful in life, and I need to be a happier person. I also started thinking about those t-shirts that say, "I'm with Stupid." Why would you wear or buy a shirt like that??? Maybe I pay attention to bullying more since I'm in the school setting, but who needs to be told they are stupid when I'm sure most people are already not as self-confident as they should be. I'd be insulted if someone wore a shirt like that and I was the one next to them, and I'd feel equally as silly wearing that shirt. I guess my message here is, just be nice to one another and think about the messages you are sending to others!
Seriously...this is stupid!
1 comment:
Great post, thanks.
Post a Comment