My world seems like a time warp these days. Some times it feels like days are creeping by awaiting the arrival of BK and other days it seems like time is flying by. Here is is already September 13th and my students have been in school a month and a half and already have midterms at the end of the month! School is going well. I have a nice schedule this semester. We went back to a block schedule, so I have 4 block (85 minute) classes plus lunch and a 45 minute remedial "class" before lunch. I have one section of freshmen, a senior project class, and In School Suspension duty and my planning time. Having the ISS duty back-to-back with my planning is nice, because it's basically like a long chunk of time for planning during the day, which has allowed me to prepare for the substitute that will be in my room while I am on maternity leave. Fortunately, I'm pretty organized so I did all my lesson plans for the semester, and got master copies of all the paperwork and tests gathered for her, so if I went in to labor now, she'd be pretty set to go.
This year I am not doing Drama Club, and Book Club has passed among a few of us which is nice. I am still in charge of the Jr. Class, but they were awesome and took initiative and we have already done two large fundraisers and the kids are really taking charge, so I feel confident that when I am out I won't have to worry about them. My friend Robert and I carpool about 3 times a week, which has been really nice, especially now that I'm feeling ready to POP! The hour car drive doesn't seem as bad when there is someone to share it with.
I finished Grad School almost a month ago! Which has been the biggest relief! I was super excited because I finished with a 4.0 GPA and had a pretty great portfolio review. I'm glad I did it when I did, but I'm NOT going back for a PhD. According to the countdown tracker Mason put on the computer, he only has 12 days left with his program too, which will be great timing with the baby arriving. It will nice to not have homework dates anymore!!!
Mason started training last week to be an Aircraft Commander (AC). He's talked about this before in previous posts, but now he is in upgrade classes to be in charge when they fly. I'm sure he'll write more later, but it basically means he calls the shots, and will now fly in the left seat for the most part. He had four days of academics and now is on a pretty flexible/relaxed schedule. Because he goes to another squadron here on base for the training it means he doesn't really have his other duties that he would normally do at the 20th. It makes for more 8-4 days, and a less stressed Mason. It should also come in handy when the baby comes.
As of tomorrow, I will officially be Full Term! We're really happy to have made it this far, with little complications. Last week my Dr. said that BK was still way up high in my belly, and there were no signs that s/he was ready to enter the world yet...I'm hoping there is a little more progress this week. Next week we should have our last ultrasound to do another growth analysis to see if I'll be delivering a HUGE baby! It seems like each day a few more things are added to Mason's list of duties; like taking wash out of the washer because I can't bend over the machine that far. Mason's supported my ice-cream eating habit in the 9th month, and has kept most of his comments about the fact I twist and turn and gasp for air ALL night long to himself. We went out on Labor Day weekend to do some maternity photos (they are on Facebook) which was fun, but I'm glad we didn't wait until now because I probably wouldn't be able to get off the ground. The anxiety and nervousness is mounting as we can't wait to meet BK!!!
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Full Term!
Posted by
Ellen
at
8:54:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment