Tuesday, September 27, 2011

First Dates

Mason is flying tonight and so I found myself facing the reality that I needed to prepare a little more for Baby Kehs' arrival on Thursday, like actually packing a bag for the hospital and not just having things left out. I took a nice, long bath, shaved my legs, painted my toes and laughed at the end thinking that I felt like I was getting ready for a big date-night. I soon realized I was getting ready for a first date with my baby. Almost if not as exciting as going out on a date with my baby daddy.

I remember my first date(s) with Mason so clearly. We decided that we would "date" before actually dating and being an "official couple." Whatever that means in teenage terms. We both decided we didn't want to start dating if it wasn't going to go anywhere (guess it went somewhere). We had friendly dates out at Potbellies, Matt Nevada's (now a CVS), Bill's, CJ Arthur's (Mason actually got up and sang karaoke), Penny Park, and Lighthouse Beach. Mason brought me flowers on occasion (yellow tulips- my favorite), and we shared laughs over milkshakes, fries, and walks. There were some pretty funny moments, like how each time we went to Matt Nevada's we'd get up to throw away our trays of trash and on two separate occasions we each managed to throw away those little red plastic baskets- doh!

The night Mason asked me to be his girlfriend, March 2002

Mason took me out on March 8, 2002, to Matt Nevada's, while my friends set-up a "surprise" birthday party for me in my parents' basement. Again more laughs, I recall something about talking about palm trees and one being on the wall in the restaurant. Mason drove back to my parents' house and asked me to be his girlfriend on the stoop of their house, well, by the big tree out front. He went in for the kiss, but I looked down and he ended up kissing my nose. I'm pretty sure no one was surprised that we started dating, and we haven't stopped since.


Date nights are about to change. We're now getting ready to go on a first date with our baby. 9 months can seem like a really, really long time (especially during a Louisiana summer with a deployed husband) but at the same time, I remember like it was just yesterday telling Mason I was pregnant. I was so stoked I just about blasted through the floor into the living room. Nothing like good news at 6am to start off a Monday right. Anyways, a new chapter is about to begin in the Kehs household. Lots has changed in the last (almost) ten years, but all changes for the better (except for maybe the grayer, balder, fatter part). Still lots and lots of love!!!Maternity Photos, September 2011

No comments: