
Last weekend's exploring was pretty limited because online masters have no mercy. I'm halfway through the two classes and the final papers just keep getting closer. But I managed to get out on Saturday and check out a cave hidden away on the side of some overgrown hill. At the bottom was a pool of fresh water. The whole room was full of rocks so it was hard to tell how far the water went down through the cracks. Out of the 5 or 6 of us, we only had a couple flashlights and two or so pairs of goggles. So we went underwater to see the next room of the cave, but after that it was going to be all or nothing exploring-wise. It was a good trip since nobody was planning on going crazy with helmets and scuba gear, and we just all wanted to check it out and take a quick swim. I didn't see any creatures, but a couple people went back the next day to scuba dive through the next passageway and said they found a lobster. Had I not had a flashlight around, I probably would have thought the roots hanging down were snakes. So, lucky someone thought ahead a little. We ate at a Korean restaurant for lunch too (the cool half of the group anyway), so that was a nice bonus.
I've been doing a couple flights in the left seat to get ready for upgrade training in a couple months to Aircraft Commander. Lots of changes on the fly and new sortie plans to keep me challenged. All good so far. More traffic pattern work and air refueling practice is the big item to work on.
I've had Thai food at three different restaurants so far- all better than the junk in Shreveport. I'm sure Ellen is saying the same about the pizza in Chicago right now.
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Still flying the 52, clicking a bunch, posting a few
Posted by
Ellen and Mason
at
5:51:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
nice shots Mason :)
Post a Comment