Saturday, April 9, 2011

Another Month Bites the Dust


(Mason is in one of those planes trailing the exhaust)

I seem to do so much blog posting these days, but unfortunately it is all for my Grad. classes and not on our own blog. Mason and I keep looking at each other saying we'll post one of these days, so I figured I get to it before another month passes by.

Life had been crazy! Mason made it through his two grad. classes he was taking which really kept him busy these past few months. He's back on the one class schedule this quarter, and plans to double-up courses again so that he can move his completion date to mid-October. I am also doubling-up classes right now, which has been difficult with work, but will be worth it in the end. I will be doubling-up my last two courses as well and be finished with my grad. degree by the end of June!!! Woo-hoo, a light at the end of the tunnel.

(Baby at 10 Weeks)

I'll leave Mason room to post a blog about his work lately, but he's been doing the usual work in the office-fly- and fly some more bit. School is coming to a close quickly (24 school days left-but who's counting). We have Spring Break during Easter week, state testing and prom next week, senior graduation, and a few weeks with our other kiddos after that. This year seems to have FLOWN by! I can't believe I'm getting ready to say goodbye to my seniors. I've also been working at Sylvan about twice a week.

Mason and I have been in severe cleaning mode lately. He's taken several loads of stuff to Goodwill, I've donated hundreds of books to my school library and a teacher at school. Mason started a Craigslist business in case the government stops paying him. He's brought in about $500 on our stuff. It feels good to have some more room in our house, but there still feels like a lot that is here that we may or may-not use. Next week, attach the closet.

In baby news, all is fine and dandy. We went on April 5th for our 14 week visit. I was disappointed we didn't get an ultrasound, but we got to listen to the heartbeat on a little doppler. Our doctor said that we have a very active little one, as she was having to chase him/her all over my stomach. The next appointment will be the anatomy screening (early May), but we are still going to wait until delivery to find out the sex of the baby. Although I may not be able to last once I know that someone else knows...We are currently 14.5 weeks along, and I'm feeling better now that I'm in the second trimester. Some foods are still not appealing, or will be one meal and not the next. Mason's getting great at the leftovers. :) I haven't gained any weight (yippee) yet, but the pants are starting to get more snug and my weight is shifting so I may be purchasing a few pairs of pants to make it the next few months.



(Ellen at 13.5 Weeks)

Mason and I have been trying to work early on to get things in order for when the baby arrives in October. He will most likely deploy in June, and we just want to be prepared before he leaves. We attended our second class on base, which is called Bundles for Babies. We got to learn somethings, and got lots of free stuff!!! We picked out two outfits, and received a bundle with a crib sheet, some swaddle blankets, and other goodies. We're lucky the Air Force offers such great programs. Next up, the epidural class and tour of the hospital, and I think I'll tackle the breastfeeding class while Mason is on his island vacation. We set-up our baby registries at Target and Babies R Us (even though there isn't one here), and we might not be let back to Target since we wanted to test out folding up Pack 'n' Plays but couldn't get a few set back-up and may or may not have left them in not the perfect shape they were in to begin with. Also, Mason painted the baby's room and laid some carpet down. It looks great, and is the perfect calm space for relaxing these days. I think with the additional of our new La-Z-Boy (on its way) and the crib and bedding we'll eventually get in there the room will look great! I'm blessed to have an awesome husband who made everything look just great!


(Baby Room with Carpet and Tree Painting)

No comments: