My intent for writing and keeping up with blog writing is good, but the follow-through has not been great. Time seems to get away from me all the time these days, every day. I want to finish writing about our Japan trip- which I WILL BE FINISHING at some point in the near future but until that happens; I figure I can at least continue to keep the blog up to date with current events.
Mason seems to live in Shreveport ¾ of the time these days and the other fourth of the time he lives at the alert shack in Minot, North Dakota. Mason and several other guys from his squadron have been going up North to help complete exercises and inspections while they are currently undermanned. He has one more trip scheduled for next month and then hopefully he’ll be in town for a few months. He just finished up his 5th Master’s class and is enjoying a week off between classes.
Meanwhile, I just completed my 4th master’s class, and feel as though this process of classes is never-ending. I guess the completion date is only a year away, but somehow the classes seem to feel longer and longer. School is going well- Drama Club has started up again this year, and the Junior Class is well on their way to raising funds for Prom. I apparently have earned some credits with my principal because she signed me (along with two other teachers) up for website training, and I’m not one of the webmasters for our school website. It was another thing added to my plate, but I think I’m doing a pretty good job at it, and it’s nice to have others asking for my help. This year we have some new programs going on at school, and while they are a lot of work, with this program (TAP) and my masters program, I feel like I am really becoming a better teacher.
Outside of school, I am still working at Sylvan, but only about once a week, which works out quite well for me. It’s nice being able to keep that up, mainly so I have the position in the summer, and some gas money, but only having to go once a week works well with my otherwise busy schedule. Our socials have been going well for the Officer Spouse Club (OSC). I am co-chair on the socials committee and we’ve been busy with our monthly functions. This week we had a quilting bee social, which was more fun than I had anticipated. We’re busy gearing up for next month’s silent gift basket auction and Decembers Tour of Homes (aka touring the big fancy colonel/ general’s houses).
Mason and I were able to take a weekend off to go to the Super Derby a few weekends ago. We were bummed that we were only able to get to the horse races this one time, but still glad we made it out (and I'll brag that all my choices were winners!) Our last 20th spouse social was at a location called painting with a twist- essentially you get to drink and paint. The "store" supplies the painting materials and instruct you how to paint an image...I'm not Monet, but I didn't do horribly. I also hosted monthly book club (we read Eat, Pray, Love).
Well, this should get me started back up with the blog- more to come soon!
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Where in the world does the time go?
Posted by
Ellen
at
11:29:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment