Friday, April 2, 2010

Goodbye Mustache March, Hello Armpit April


Any military wife can surely see the humor in the title of this blog, as we loathe March. March in the Military is Mustache March (or Molestache March as is it more commonly referred to). Some of the wives and I thought that if we endured a month of sleazy looking husbands with gross mustaches, they should endure a month of armpit hair...well not really, but they thought it was funny. (BTW, no need to offend anyone with an ongoing mustache, those are normal).

Other than springing ahead into April minus the mustache, we've had BEAUTIFUL weather in the South. The days have turned to 70-80 degree sunny days, where you can't help but to be outside. I've been enjoying life and home this week, while on Spring Break, and the hubby has been enjoying life from about 35,000 feet. Spring Break came at the perfect time for me, and I have been enjoying every moment of it, especially all the time I can see friends! Mason has been very busy, and flying at least twice a week (usually late day/night). He's not too upset about it, because he's gotten to drop tons of bombs (and I mean literally tons of bombs.) Plus, he has the opportunity to go to Alaska for three weeks later this month to be a part of Red Flag Alaska! It's awesome, and I'm totally jealous he gets to go to Alaska, but I know he will have a blast. (So, if any one wants to come be my prom date, or come for the Air Show at the end of the month, I'll be here solo)

We haven't been adventuring much, after all the excitement of the last two hikes, but we've been fortunate enough to be able to take frequent walks, and enjoy dinner out on our patio before the summer heat rolls in. No crazy April's Fools jokes played today, but it has been exactly a year since we moved to Barksdale- crazy!

No comments: