News from Washington State: Mason is alive. He's only been there since Thursday, and hasn't done too much yet, but the fun week of academics starts tomorrow and then he'll be in the field Sunday through Friday.
While Mason has been gone I've been sticking to my eat healthy, workout plan. I was so EXCITED because I went to a friends Mardi Gras party last night and was able to wear an outfit that I haven't fit into in a looooooooong time. I guess the whole "the more pain, the more gain
thing actually works...since Mason isn't at the gym with me, I have lots of thinking time...that and avoiding looking at the clock. I must admit that Katy Perry, Rhianna, and yes, even Britney have done their fair share of pusing me past my quitting point too. Working out has given me that time to escape into my mind, however.
I was thinking today about how military spouses just have this instant bond. Whether you like all the spouses you meet, or not, you have instant empathy for each others situations. Right now, a lot of the guys from Mason's class are gone, so many of the wives are husbandless while they are TDY. It's kind of funny when you start talking and realize that even though we're all independent women, we still do those same things when our husbands are gone. Examples: close the bedroom door at night, leave the bathroom door open, lock all doors and windows always, leave out hair accessories, eat way less food, cry at night, talk to yourself frequently...the life of a military spouse when your loved one TDY or deployed. All that being said, it really makes you appreciate your spouse. All the stupid arguments about doing dishes, or laundry, and who should do this or that, seem so unimportant. I'd trade my husband for a stack of dirty dishes anytime. I really give Army wives so much credit- their husbands are usually gone for a year or more. So far, the Air Force just predicts 4-6 month deployments for B-52 pilots. Don't get me wrong-that sucks- but it's far better than a year.
All that being said, I read the most ridiculous magazine article the other day, in my opinion. It was an article that said, men are attracted to women who act like b*tches. Now ask yourself, do you think this makes sense? I know that when I'm crabby or acting snotty Mason wants to be as far away from me as possible. I don't like to be around crabby, b*tchy people, so why would my husband think it was attractive. The article continued on to imply that women who are self-confident are often b*tches. I just sort of dropped my mouth when I read this, since I know that personally it's taken me a long time to be self-confident and have higher self-esteem and I think it makes me nicer since I'm not always mad with myself...I hope that young women don't take all the advice they read on the shelves these days.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Things I think about while I workout
Posted by
Ellen
at
11:11:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment