Saturday, March 7, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!


This week was extremely hard and emotional. I wasn't allowed to talk to Mason the whole week since he was out in the field. I had to work on arranging our move, which was challenging because I didn't quite know where to go, or what to do, and I needed Mason to sign many papers. It was hard to do without being able to talk to Mason, but I made it through.

Tuesday we did all of our state TAKS testing. I have to say, I'm glad it's over. All of their reading and writing tests are first, so I'm glad I had the chance to prepare my students. Wednesday, I to tell my students that March 13th was going to be my last day. It was really difficult because in my mind that day was far off in the future, "the day I had to tell my students" and then suddenly it was here. I had been slowly been moving things out of my classroom to not give it away that I was leaving, but since I've told them, I've been able to take down all the posters and take most of my things home. My room looks so empty. :-( The teacher replacing me has been shadowing me since the middle of February so the children were at least glad to know their new teacher.

On Thursday night my class had a campout-sleepover at school. Other teachers thought I was crazy, but I really wanted to do something special for them. They're always feeling "left-out" and this was something special just for them. Despite, my lack of sleep, the kids had a great time! The parents were so helpful and the kids were so grateful. Friday was my birthday, and although I was really sad I wasn't going to see Mason it was fun being serenaded by my 20 students in the morning. My friends from school took me out for lunch, and I had a great time. People must know I love flowers because I have my dream house, flowers in every room. I have such great friends and family that treated me so well on my special day. I went to dinner with my friends Alia, and Micah. The best part of the whole day, was that I got to talk to Mason after a whole week of not being able to. I'm the luckiest girl in the world!

No comments: