Thursday, February 19, 2009

Love at First Woof


Last night, Mason and I decided to go out to eat and as we were pulling out of the driveway a little white, "Sophie," walked out from under the car. There was no apparent owner around, so we locked her in our kitchen and discussed what to do at dinner. We stopped to get some dog food, and kept her over night. We went for a walk but no one noticed her. She didn't have any id except for her rabies tag and name tag but with no numbers. Today after school I took her out walking while I posted "Found Dog" posters. Some kids in the park saw her and as it turned out they had found the same dog earlier in the day yesterday. A girl then came running up from behind and said she knew where the dog lived. The house was almost our backyard neighbor, but a few houses down. They were happy to have her back. I really liked having a dog around, but Mason said he better not return home to see the dog still there...

Speaking of Mason, he was off this morning (at 530) to Washington via several other cities. I haven't gotten any phone calls, but received a text message saying that he paid $3.50 for a burger at a airport McDonald's, and he could believe how airports have turned into malls.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Great job finding the dog's home. I'm sure you are a hero to the family. BTW, which Washington is Mason in?