Sunday, August 17, 2008

Crazy Times

Tomorrow is parent orientation at school, and I must say compared to last school year, I'm very calm going into this year. Mason might disagree, but I've tried to get a good start on my planning this summer, and with regular insomnia I was able to plan out the first 9 weeks of school. I'm hoping this in turn will eliminate much of the stress I felt last year, starting teaching a month in to school. On Friday afternoon, Mason and I ran some errands and I took him to see my classroom, he was pretty impressed (I think). It looks pretty cool and I've had lots of the parents complement me on it. I'm excited to start off the school year; so far I have 26 in my class but that can always change. It will be nice to see familiar faces tomorrow evening and meet my new students. I think that I might treat myself to a manicure tomorrow before the orientation, but only if I can hit the gym first.

I've really committed to sticking to a weight loss/exercise plan, and am determined once and for all to lose this access baggage! Mason and I went to the gym both days this weekend, and I ate very healthy. We'll see how I can make it through the week. My goal is to work out a minimum of 30 minutes each day. Mason thinks I'm crazy going around writing motivational things on our bathroom mirrors with dry erase markers, but whatever works, I say. Some other women from work and I have formed a support group for each other, and the accountability will be good for us. Mason is a good one to have at home as well.

Last week, Mason didn't get to fly too much, once he soloed they pushed a few other guys ahead who hadn't soloed yet, and we had some rain...but, he's scheduled to fly tomorrow. The flight is on informal release now, which unlike it's name, is actually a good thing. The guys can leave once the 2nd set of flights steps to their jets, so if Mason doesn't have to fly he can leave earlier. This hopefully will give him some more time to study at home and workout. Today he studied a bit, and cut his hair. When I commented that he was getting quite a few grey hairs, his only comment was, "gee, I wonder who could have caused those..." (can you believe it!)

We had a lucky run at the casino last week. Mason won $34. That was a big winning. We tried a new restaurant in town, since Thursday has become our new date night; unfortunately the place wasn't very good. Oh well. Friday and Saturday night we went to our friends house to play Wii Rock Band. Mason wasn't too excited to go at first, but then I had to drag him home at 12:30am. I must say, it was pretty fun, I never got to try the guitar, but the drums and singing was fun. Mason even sang!!! He said it was a once in 5 year event so I shouldn't get used to it. Too bad...We had a good time hanging out with our friends.

We were quite jealous/sad that we couldn't be in Chicago this weekend for the annual Air and Water Show, but from all the reports, it seems like it was really cool! Two of the IPs in Mason's flight flew T-38s in the show. Mason tried to convince them to let him ride in the backseat, but they didn't go for it. Someday Mason can be in his own air show, but for now 4 solos, and 3 dual rides before his first checkride! Wow!

Oh yes, as for a weather update, we had an amazing upper-70s weekend! It was perfect!

No comments: