Monday, August 25, 2008

2 cameras, 4 chargers, 20 batteries...


...and none that are charged! Mason and I went mini golfing the other night, and while we thought this would be a good opportunity to take some blog pictures, lo and behold, out batteries were dead and the spares were in the car. (I'm sure my Dad is shaking his head at that one). Mason and I enjoyed a pleasant evening in Wichita Falls going to The Plex, which has mini gold, bumper cars, go carts, arcade etc...but we just stuck to mini golf. It seemed like the teen hang out, and we wondered if we looked old to them, and while we tried to guess their ages, we hoped they didn't think we were old. Mason and I don't feel old, but often wonder how others perceive us...although tonight we were out to dinner and the waitress commented that we were out on a school night, and asked if we had school tomorrow. Mason pointed at me and said, she does. When we revealed that I was a teacher, the waitress laughed and simply said I didn't look old enough.

I can't believe that I start my second year teaching tomorrow. I'm sure another blog post will follow soon after. I'm really excited, and a lot less nervous than last year. The only thing I'm a little concerned with is having enough seats, since my roster was up to 27 last I checked. It will all work out though. I didn't have to do much work this weekend which was nice, so I did a lot of cleaning the house. Yesterday we went to a BBQ at a friends house. They are moving to Louisiana next week, Phil will be flying B52s. We also attended our friends son's first birthday party, that was pretty fun, although we left before cake. :-(

Mason studied most of the day today, and we ran to the casino tonight, but didn't end up with much. The casino trip was followed by a visit to Walmart, where we saw far too many people we knew. Normally when I want to buy something, I have to make my case to Mason, explaining why I want the item, why it's most cost effective and mostly why I can't do with out the item...well this must have rubbed off on him, when he started telling me that he needs a new pair of shorts. He first started by saying he thought he could buy some because he bought his last pair of shorts in 2004! His blue shorts were now almost purple (the only ones that fit), two pairs of jean shorts must have been bought to small, and never fit, a pair of green pants had holes in the crotch, and his only other jean shorts are covered in paint, and he said I'm embarrassed when he goes out with me. So, I told him, to go ahead, he could even buy two pairs, AND the black socks he had been talking about, but alas, he only got the one pair of shorts. Oh, practical Mason....

Meanwhile, despite small shorts, we have been eating healthy, and working out every day, so we're both ~6 pounds lighter than last Saturday. Go us!

No comments: