In the Tweet world, this week was a good rebound from the crappy weather spout we had. I got to fly Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and today was a “travel day” so we didn’t have to come in at all. Although birds were a real problem in the area, I still managed to get my requirements done and solo on Thursday. There’s a rule about when birds are too severe, then no solos, and if it’s moderate, then solos can only do three patterns before making a full stop landing. When we got into the plane, they were first reporting severe so I thought my whole day just went down the tubes. But luckily they changed it right then to moderate, so I still got to do my three little patterns (a whopping 15 minute flight). Still, I’m relieved to have it done with. This last week, I had some concepts about the pattern work really click for me so I feel a lot more confident.
After we get back from our winter break, I’ll be pushing on to instrument work and doing some aerobatic maneuvers (loops, aileron rolls, etc). I’m not sure but I think there’s only about 9 more flights for me now before my contact (basic visual maneuvers) checkride. It’s a little different than civilian training syllabi in that a lot of the phases overlap. For example, I’m in the contact phase right now but I’m also doing introductory instrument flights. In college, it was very separated between what you were training in (visual one year, instrument one year, multiengine one year, etc). It’s a lot more to study and be prepared for so no slacking off too much during break!
Mason and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings for a celebratory dinner, and then went to the casino, since it was military night. Unfortunately they changed the hours from 5-9, so we were there too late, but discovered that we each had some money on our cards. Our rule, only play with the money they allot us…so we went in with $15 free, and came out with $28.25…overall I’d say pretty good! Mason and I are definitely enjoying the time off from work, and are now looking forward to Christmas on Tuesday, and a visit from my family next week. Mason just left for a group motorcycle ride with some of his classmates, and I’m going to just hang out and maybe run a few errands. PS, it is 76 degrees here today! :-)
Some photos: http://neiu.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2015131&l=6e5ff&id=77800450
No comments:
Post a Comment