This week was one of those weeks where you just wanted to hang out indoors. For me that was fine, since I'm teaching during the day, but for Mason that meant no flying. Fortunately, the weather has turned around and this weekend brought sunny skies and 50 (almost 60 degree weather). I finally hung my outdoor thermometer, so now I can just look out the backdoor and see the tempertures rise.
Mason and I are finally getting into the holiday spirit, and I told Mason he would get the husband of the year award. He changed his mood around and we hung our holiday lights this weekend. We tried to hang them earlier in the week in the rain, and it didn't turn out too great. We had a difficult time hanging the lights, and even duct tape didn't work. We finally decided to purchase the little clips you need to hang the lights to the roof. They now look great, thanks to Mason's height! We went to town last night and had an awesome dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings. We didn't have fond memories of it from a visit in Champaign, but REALLY enjoyed it last night. We finished off the evening by purchasing our first Christmas Tree.
Today, we decorated the tree and did some early spring cleaning. We went through a lot of the tiny things that accumulate around the house, and tore apart some closets with things that were still boxed from the move. It's crazy to think we've been living here 5 and a half months already. I guess that means we're closer to the end, although things here are going well. I've come to realize that Wichita Falls is one of those places that you can't judge by it's cover. There's actually some cool little places, it just takes awhile to find them.
I only have 2 and a half days until I am on my 2 week school break, and Mason gets off Thursday afternoon. Hopefully he'll get his solo flight before then. My students had their holiday program on the 11th and they were GREAT! I attached a video. They learned social dances, and were awesome.
Cheers to another week!
No comments:
Post a Comment