
Mason and I both survived our "first weeks of school" and were able to enjoy a great weekend at the air show on base. Mason will post another time about how his class is going, but I can talk a little about my class. The behavior was better this week, and we had two class birthdays which was fun. My class is making a newspaper right now as language arts assignment and we have just about finished decorating the room. This week I have parent teacher conferences and more preparations to make about the holiday show.
Thankfully school is out at noon on Fridays and I had done my lesson planning for two weeks in advance, so I was able to leave before 1 on Friday to meet up with Mason at the ENJJPT building. The pilots had a sneak preview of the planes that were showing at the airshow and we got to walk around the planes and talk to the pilots and go inside the planes. It was pretty sweet! We even got to go to a twilight airshow in the evening which featured the F-22 and some acrobatics.
The weather here is still pretty warm, 90s on Saturday, and in the 80s today, although we've had some HEAVY winds so that's made it feel cooler. Hopefully it will begin some more cool down this week. Saturday was perfect for the airshow and we spent most of our time by the flight line since we had toured the planes the day before. We saw the F-22, F-15, F-16, F-18, A-10, the CV-22 Osprey, C-5, C-130, C-17 the UAV, AWACS, and some other cool planes. There were some old war birds and lots of acrobatics and parachuters. It was a very cool day, and fun experience for me since I had only been to the air and water show in Chicago before.
We're got two sets of pictures that are a mixture from the two days. ENJOY!
http://neiu.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2013936&l=25bb9&id=77800450
and
http://neiu.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2013941&l=f6bea&id=77800450
Sunday, October 21, 2007
A great weekend
Posted by
Ellen
at
10:26:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment