Setting an annual reading goal has been a positive thing and in 2021 I surpassed my goal of reading 60 books and finished the year at an even 90. I do count audio books and read aloud chapter books that I read with the boys.
My goal for 2022 is to read 52 books.
For audio books I have a subscription to Audible, use the library, and was getting daily offers from Chirp. Otherwise we have a lot of hard copy books or I'll get kindle books from the library or with my Amazon Prime account to read on my phone/kindle.
I didn't have many stand-out favorites this year, as I have in years past. But these are some of my higher rated books.
The Rose Code by Kate Quinn: I have really enjoyed anything written by Kate Quinn. She often has a few female lead characters and writes historical fiction.
The Guest List by Lucy Foley: I found this to be a quick read thriller with a surprise ending.
Maid by Stephanie Land
The Bomber Mafia by Malcolm Cladwell
The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah
The Other Einstein by Marie Benedict
Sadie by Courtney Summers: I listened to the audio for this book which is why it was rated so high. There was a different narrator for each character which made it really interesting.
What were some of your favorite reads of the year?
No comments:
Post a Comment