Friday, December 31, 2021

Podcast Goal for 2021

I didn't have too many goals for 2021, but I wanted to come up with a few unique goals. I'll start out by saying I did not reach my walking goal for the year and I eventually ended up stopping tracking the miles walked.  The funny thing, is that for many of these podcasts I can picture where I was when I listened to it, especially when I was out walking by myself...hmmm... 

One of the goals I set for myself in 2021 was to listen to 52 different podcasts. I thought this would be a different goal from previous years, and it would help me tackle a bit of my "to listen to" list. It was actually a hard goal to reach, because I would find podcasts that I really like to listen to, and so I'd want to use my time listening to several of those podcasts, but also wanted to find the time to listen to the 52 different shows. I finished the last unique podcast on 12-31-21. Cutting it close! Here is the list and links to the different podcasts that I listened to this year. 

  1.  Forever 35: Mini Episode 165- Hearts Wide Open
  2. The Michelle Obama Podcast: Episode 1-President Barak Obama
  3. For the Love Podcast with Jen Hatmaker: Rewriting the Stories we Tell Ourselves: Lori Gottlieb
  4. Kit Kat Chit Chat: Mom Mental Health Day
  5. Behind the Scenes with Jeremy and Audrey Roloff: Episode 88- The Fear of Being Cheesy, The True or False Game, and the Death of a Dream.
  6. Happier with Gretchen Rubin: Episode 307- We Reveal our 21 for 21 lists, discuss a hack for staying in touch, and give a gold star to a documentary.
  7. The Food that Built America:Episode 1- America's Home Brew: The Addict and the Promoter Who Built Coca-Cola
  8. The Boy Mom Podcast with Monica Swanson & Friends: Episode #96- Disrespectful Kids, Body Talk, Gardening and More: Q & A with Dave and Monica
  9. We are Free with Becky Morquecho: I wrote down episode 70, but there have only been 69...so not sure where my error was there. 
  10. Our Nuclear Family: Episode Raising Team Players
  11. Serial: Season 1, Episodes 3-12
  12. Couple Things with Shawn and Andrew: Episode 54-the one about intimacy
  13. All the best and worst with Mr. and Mrs. Hinch: Episode 1- how we met
  14. Unlocking the magic: Episode 301- Kids Perfect Day Magic Kingdom
  15. The Sesame Street podcast with Foley and Friends: Family  This podcast is included with Audible Plus, and it was a good kid-friendly podcast to listen to in the car.  
  16. In front of our eyes: George Floyd’s life and death
  17. Food is Not Bae podcast hosted with Dr. Ebony : Episode 2- Self-Care vs. Self-Neglect
  18. Goofus and Gallant: Little pigs. Big problems This podcast is included with Audible Plus, and it was a good kid-friendly podcast to listen to in the car. 
  19. Committed Positivity: #1 Ashley Young  This was a podcast done by one of my former students.  I couldn't find the link anymore, so unfortunately I am unable to share more. 
  20. Just add sprinkles: Celebrating Motherhood: Supporting moms experiencing infertility  I found this podcast when I was writing for the Omaha Mom Blog. The podcast is sponsored by the City Mom's Collective, and one of our writers spoke on this episode. 
  21. Earth Rangers: 14,15, 1  This was another fun one for the kids to listen too.  There were many animal facts, but the episode format was fun and usually sort enough to listen to in a car trip running local errands. 
  22. National Geographic Kids: Greeking Out, s3e1  Theo was into Greek Mythology, so this was a good listen for him. 
  23. America's Test Kitchen Kids : Mystery Recipe, week 1 episode 1
  24. 5 for 5 Trivia
  25. But Why: A Podcast for Curious Kids
  26. Stoopkid Stories
  27. Evanston Rules : Episode 1- Ron Whitmore, Part 1  My kindergarten teacher, Ron Whitmore, is one of the hosts of this podcast and it is about my hometown, so it was very interesting to listen to while gaining a different perspective of the area I grew up in. 
  28. Family Road Trip Trivia Podcast  We listened to many of these episodes.  They are short and fun for the kids.  The only negative is I wish they did a better job of editing.  Sometimes the background music was too loud, so it was hard to hear the questions. 
  29. We can do hard things with Glennon Doyle: Silent Sex Queen
  30. Moms Unscripted : Episode 1  This podcast is hosted by MOPS International, and I found the episodes I listened to interesting.  I plan to continue listening to this podcast in 2022. 
  31. Lazy genius podcast : Episode 221- Get your back-to-school life together  I read the book The Lazy Genius Way this year, and enjoyed the book so I decided to check out the podcast. I'll be back. 
  32. Everything happens for a reason with Kate Bowler: Episode 17- Kristen Howerton, World's Okayest Mom
  33. Hot Mess Teacher Express: Episode 1- Hot Mess School of Education, The Classes we should have had back in college
  34. Sharon Says So :Episode 23- Flying with Presidents with Wanda Joell  I found Sharon's Instagram account this past year, and it is so informative.  She has such great information to share.  
  35. 1000 hours outside, season 2, episode 1  I really like the premise of this group, but the episode I listened to was not that amazing, in my opinion. 
  36. Carlos Whitaker Human Hope #26
  37. The Holderness Family Podcast
  38. Prayer in a noisy world, evening routine
  39. Bible recap: day 274, year 3
  40. Ten things to tell you, episode 133
  41. What should I read Next with Anne Bogel: Episode 297
  42. Social and Emotional Learning: Daily Assemblies
  43. Raising Boys and Girls, season 4, episode 4x what kids need right now
  44. Confessions of a Military Spouse: embracing the suck
  45. Going Scared Podcast with Jessica Honegger: #149
  46. Harmony in the Home, #128
  47. Small Things Often: conversations that matter most in relationships.
  48. The American Milspouse: Meet Tristin W.
  49. One extraordinary marriage: Christmas traditions (681)
  50. Famous at Home #232
  51.  Big Life Devotional: Episode 1021- Guts and Gratitude
  52. Milspouse Matters with Jen McDonald: Episode 68- Make your military marriage stronger

Overall, lots of listening.  There are some I don't plan to keep in my library, and others I hope to make part of my regular listening routine.  Lots to learn out there.  


No comments: