Friday, December 13, 2019

Omaha Moms Blog Posts

It's embarrassing how behind I am on updating the family blog.  I think about it frequently, and find myself diving into books or TV in my quieter time.  I am really enjoying writing my articles for the Omaha Moms Blog.  Each month a calendar is put out by our editor with suggested topics.  We write for two months in advance, so this December we are writing our February articles.  I like that there are different options provided, and we're also allowed to suggest our own topics.  I usually try to do a mixture. 

In November I wrote an article for National Sesame Street Day on November 10th. 

I also did a quick guide to restaurants that were open on Thanksgiving this year. 

For December I wrote a guide for givings experiences instead of physical presents.  I think it was a bit of a popular topic this year from different articles that popped up this year, but mine was somewhat Omaha specific. 

I was pretty happy to write my January post because I did a guide to Breakfast spots in Omaha.  We can't show favoritism to businesses unless they are a sponsor, which is why I have ended up doing several "guides".  The family enjoyed doing the research for that article.  It's not out yet, but we enjoyed some tasty food!  I'm always up for an excuse to eat French Toast.  Yum! 

I've also had a few chances to do an Instagram Takeover on their page, which I enjoy doing.  The first one was more of a "Day in the Life" with some mom hacks thrown in, and my second one focused on Air Force life.  I'll be doing one later this month the week of Hanukkah/Christmas to discuss the holidays and some family traditions. 

No comments: