Monday, July 8, 2019

Goodbye June

Taking a break on the back deck
The last week of June was crazy.  I continued to fight off nausea/dizziness spells while trying to do lots of things.  The truck arrived Monday with the majority of our boxes...cue the crazy.  Essentially one adult has a clipboard with an inventory list of numbers and they check off the numbers as the movers unload things from the truck.  The other adult directs where things should go, and both try to keep the kids out of the way.  The truck was at our door by 7:40am (crazy!) and they were ready to work by 8am.  There were 5 guys and they hustled.  The entire truck was unloaded and things assembled by 12:15.  I felt like we were a little rushed in the end by the driver who wanted to get to a next job or his next city and I would have liked a minute to breathe and take things in.  We also discovered that the truck had a small shipment on it of things that weren't ours, which meant, if they had shown up in Illinois with an empty truck all of our things would have fit on one truck.  It made me feel better about our amount of things, but also mad that we now had to track down this separate small shipment.

Borrowing the movers ladder to reach something Max had thrown into the chandelier
The boxes were here and that meant an afternoon of unboxing.  Our hands were cracked and bleeding by the end of the day.  It's exhausting.  Plus, despite my trying to organize and separate things prior to the move, it felt like lots of things got put in the wrong spot in the house and we had to relocate a lot of heavy boxes.  By the end of the day I was feeling pretty horrible and was in tears that I was never moving again. 
Finally finishing staining the deck and fence

I lost track of days, but I think this was also the same time we discovered water in one of the rooms in the basement.  It was a storage room and the water appeared to be coming up through cracks in the cement flooring...great.  

Tuesday morning, Mason had to get to work so the kitchen was my goal for the majority of the morning.  We spent the day before trying to get the boy's rooms all set-up so that they wouldn't be fiddling with boxes and things in their rooms.  Woodrow and Max's room were pretty well set, but Theo was missing a few pieces for his bed and a cabinet.  This day we spent lots of time unpacking boxes, I felt like I was coordinating all day with people to come pick up the boxes we offered for free, and then we had two different people come check out the floor.  Tuesday night, I was toast and melting down even more. 

New-to-him big boy bed (we split the bunk beds)
The rest of the week was met with more unpacking and organizing, heat, water in a different part of the basement, an ant problem in the garage, and lots of tears!  The kids were bouncing off the walls because they were bored and just kids being mischievous. 

It was a ROUGH week. 

No comments: