Monday, October 1, 2018

Beautiful October

Fall is my favorite time of year.  I just love it.  I'm so glad this year to be living in a location with seasons!  I grew up in Illinois for my entire life and then Mason and I were married and off we went to Texas.  This was a whole time of culture shock for sure...in so many ways, but I had a hard time adjusting to holidays in warm weather, it just wasn't what I was used to.  After six years of living in the South, we were excited when we moved to North Dakota and got to experience the seasons.  WE enjoyed our heated holidays once again in Guam, but now we are enjoying seasons for as long as we can!   

Anyways, I just delight in being able to walk around in jeans and sweatshirts, enjoy backyard fires, see the leaves and trees changing colors, and thinking about all the warm and tasty homemade soups and goodies that will be baked in months to come. 

Mason took the boys for a hike in the woods on Saturday while I prepped for Theo's birthday party.  They had such a fabulous time.  They saw 31 deer, a heron, skunk, and raccoon.  We've enjoyed seeing soooo many squirrels, chipmunks, and skunks in our own yard.

Theodore
's off at school, Woodrow is playing legos, and Maximus is still asleep...so excuse me while I grab a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy a moment watching the leaves change.   

No comments: