For awhile now I have wanted to document some of the street art in Guam. On various adventures we've snapped photos of murals, sculptures and this and that, but I wanted to try and catch some of the other art around Guam. A week ago the kids had the day off school so I thought it would be a fun adventure to drive around and spot what we could. It was semi challenging to get decent photos because many of these pieces are in spots where there isn't a good spot to pull over, so there was a lot of drive by shooting photography.
We started in North Guam, at home at Andersen and drove all the way down the Eastern side of Guam, around the Southern Tip, and back home on the Western side. I know there is a lot we didn't capture. There are numerous painted Carabao, statues, painted bus stop shelters, and village murals, but we did our best in a 5 hour tour.
We also stopped at a few locations just to take some scenic photos and explore a few places we hadn't been before. We were also very lucky because the car had been making a noise for a few days. I prayed before leaving base that we'd be safe, and after 5 hours of driving, all the emergency lights went on 2 blocks from a auto shop. I pulled over, stopped the car and it died completely. A new battery and alternator later we were on our way, but it could have been way worse if that had happened at a different point in the day. Lucky!
We made it home just in time for Woodrow's swimming lesson and Theodore's Jiu Jistu competition day. Phew!
For more photos: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100414359248319.1073741944.77800450&type=1&l=42ba5ae3d9
Sunday, February 4, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WOW !!
Post a Comment