Sunday, November 19, 2017

Hawaii Trip-Day 5

Sooo far behind on this, maybe one day I'll learn that I won't be able to keep up with all these posts.  Ha!

So, my parents had arrived in "Ha-wah-who" (as the boys called Oahu) and this morning we started off pretty quietly as they were recovering from the time difference in travel, so Mason took the car to work in the morning.  The boys and I went for a quick swim in the hotel pool.  Theodore is always asking to go to the pool at home and for some reason it seems hard to get all three to the pool at home, but this wasn't so bad.  I'd prefer that they be solo swimming by now, but I'm glad that they feel comfortable using their floats and they were both able to play a little without them in one end of the pool.  We ended up grabbing quick showers and Mason picked us up for lunch.




We met my parents for lunch at the Dixie Grill just outside of Ford Island.  The food was pretty tasty and it was a nice Southern Grill feel.  I left the kids with my parents and Max and I dropped Mason back at work for the afternoon so we could have the car.  Unfortunately we spent almost 90 minutes waiting at the base visitors center to get my parents a week pass to get themselves on base, but I think it was definitely useful for the week.  We had a relaxing time playing at the park right outside of the hotel and letting the kids warm up to Gram and Grandpa.  Later in the early evening Mom and Dad went to go pick up Jill and Ross and we planned to meet them at the restaurant in their hotel.

There was a little hula show and fireworks display going on while we waited for our food and it felt like home here in Guam.  It was so great to be all together with my parents, sister, and her boyfriend since it's been so long since we had seen them. 

No comments: