It was another rough night with Woodrow. We put him in our room on this trip so he wouldn't be goofing around with Theo all night long, and he's been up coughing and coughing. Poor buddy, but darn I was hoping the cough medicine would help and just knock him out. So, Mason and I didn't get great sleep either and unfortunately Mason's got to go off to work in the morning. I finally woke up Woodrow around 9:50 so we could get out the door and go swimming at the pool before having to meet up with Mason at noon.
The kids were excited to check out the hotel pool which is just so nice. It felt great to be outdoors, and relaxing in the pool. The kids had their floats on which eases my mind and Theo had fun playing with his Transformer toy he got with his McDonalds meal yesterday. We had to get out around 11:30 and run back to the room to change so we could be ready when Mason came by for lunch. Some of his coworkers were headed to the Boston Pizza Restaurant so we met up with them. Pretty cheap, decent pizza. Woodrow looked like death. All day he basically looked about 1 blink away from throwing up, which was a struggle for me because of course I don't want him to feel bad, but I also had two hikes in mind for the afternoon, and really wanted to do one.
After lunch we dropped off Mason and all three kids passed out. Like sound, sound asleep. Max actually slept all through lunch too. So, I wasn't in a huge rush, but I decided we'd head to the waterfall hike so we could be shaded, take our time, and hopefully it wouldn't be too strenuous. Well I missed the turn because the road on the highway was named something different, so after trying to turn around and get back to where I wanted to go I decided maybe that wasn't in the cards for us, and I'd head to the backup, Diamond Head. I wasn't sure how Woodrow would do, but Theo had voted on this hike so I thought we'd check it out.
Again, I need a GPS. I got all sorts of lost and if the kids hadn't still be sleeping I would have been really pissed off. I mean, Diamond Head is big, I could see it, I just kept getting on the wrong road too it, and once I got into Waikiki, talk about stress. I just don't do well in cities and with traffic anymore. It was instant stress. Lol. I finally made my way to the Diamond Head Overlook and we stopped and I took a few photos and watched a few surfers. Theo and Woodrow were awake at this point, but wanted to stay in the car. When we finally got around to Diamond Head, the trail was closed for the afternoon. Basically for the next few months you can only hike in the morning--okay God I see the signs--no hiking today.
We headed back towards Ford Island with a short detour at Pearl Harbor base, and a quick drive by the USS Arizona, but then we just ended up back on Ford Island where I decided we'd check out the USS Missouri. It cost money to go on board, but you could walk around the dock for free and since it was about to close, we did this for 20 minutes. Woodrow thought the battleship was pretty cool and both boys enjoyed walking around the area. I thought Mason might be done with work early, so we just headed there to wait for him. Turns out he wasn't done early today, but we got to see a submarine, some helicopters flying, and then just hang out for a bit.
By the time we got Mason just after 5:00 I was definitely ready to be out of the car and was in need of some space--ha, there is none on vacation! We took a short break and then decided to take a walk. It was BEAUTIFUL out. It was so much less humid than Guam, there was a nice breeze, and it was amazing. We checked out where the USS Utah sunk and then let the kids play at the park for a few minutes before going to grab dinner. We got Thai Garden and took it back to the patio at our hotel and enjoyed dinner outdoors. Woodrow was mostly impressed with all the tiki torches at the hotel and Theo found some pineapple plants which was cool.
All the boys are finally asleep. Woodrow is loudly coughing and snoring, and Mason smartly inserted ear plugs for the night. Hopefully tomorrow we hike!
Thursday, October 12, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment