Mason's travel season has begun and he will be gone quite a bit in the next few months, so when we knew he'd be heading to Hawaii this month for a 2-3 week conference we decided that the kids and I would tag along. I was a little worried about pulling the kids out of school just after they would have gotten in the routines, but really what's a better age to pull them than PreK and Kindergarten, and they're doing lots of learning and family time here.
We tried the Space-A route, it didn't happen on the way to Hawaii, and I'm still to worked up about the experience to go into it, so we'll end with we're here! The kids and I used miles the night before Mason had to fly out and bought our tickets. It worked well traveling together (more so I didn't have to go solo with all three). Maximus was not a huge fan of the 7.5 hour plane ride. He wasn't bad, but what 11 month old wants to be contained for that long. Theo and Woodrow did well, although Woodrow mostly growled at you if you interrupted his show watching or eating.
We left Guam at 6am on a Tuesday morning, and arrived in Honolulu, Oahu around 5:30pm Monday night...weird! I love the world clock feature on my phone. I'm so confused with what day and time it is now. Anyways, we got our rental car, checked in at the TLF on Ford Island (about 1 mile from where Mason's conference is) and then headed to dinner. I think I was so overwhelmed seeing so many food and shopping options. We opted for Ruby Tuesday's (it was convenient) and I grabbed a Jamba Juice (YUM) afterwards. We got settled into our room and were all passed out fairly quickly. Theo and Max have the living room, and Woodrow is bunking with Mason and I.
Too bad Mason actually has to work while the kiddos and I play.
Thursday, October 12, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment