Saturday, September 2, 2017

Woodrow Turns Four!

On August 5th Mr. Personality, Woodrow, turned FOUR!  I can hardly believe it.  Four seems like this right of passage from toddler to big kid.  When Woodrow was born, Theo was only 22 months old and there were many time that I prayed for Woodrow to survive his first year of life.  We had moments where he was covered in BBQ sauce, rolled off the bed, and played with a little too rough.  This past year I often prayed that Woodrow and I would survive three.  It was TOUGH!  Woodrow is a stubborn little cookie and boy does he push the boundaries and our patience to its limit.  But despite the challenges that three-year-old Woodrow literally threw at us, we had some wonderful moments as well. 

-Woodrow has grown a lot this year, and doesn't have the little boy face anymore, and has really matured.  He's taller, more talkative, and is super athletic. 

-He loves to ride his scooter and is so fast when he zooms down the block.  We got him a two wheeler and he's been practicing riding without training wheels.  He actually does better on Theo's bigger bike, but it's too tall for him to stop. 

-Woodrow likes to keep up with Theo and doesn't put up with anything. 

-Woodrow became a big brother this year, and after a few months of realizing that Max was sticking around he really warmed up to him and he's a great big brother! 

-This year Woodrow has been really into planes.  He wants to be a "B52".  He also really likes playing with Little Legos and anything Star Wars.  He really likes to have little toys that he totes around in his bed, pockets, and everywhere. 




-This little boy is sneaky and he's got the cutest little face when he's trying to get away with something.

-I am confident that Woodrow could live on "Peanut Jelly" and water.  This boy needs a water bottle with him constantly and snacks can never be too far away. 

-Woodrow likes to go adventuring (as long as there are snacks and water). He likes to hike, swim, and he plays hard.  He tells me a lot how his "hair is wet" when he plays. 

-This year Woodrow will be starting PreK at the base school.  I'm excited and nervous for him.  I really am praying for him and his teachers.  I'm hoping it will help him grow so much and that he just loves it. 

-Our little man loves when Mason is home.  He adores him!  He likes to have guy time with Dad, they take night hikes together,  play legos, wrestle, and just love each other so much. 

-This year we got to take a trip to Japan and it was so exciting to see Woodrow's excitement at Disneyland and take it all in.  He's our serious guy, so to see him smiling and having a good time fills me with joy. 

No comments: