Sunday, December 25, 2016

Theo's Character Parade

Instead of dressing up for Halloween at Theo's school, the kids had a character parade the Friday prior to celebrate the nursery rhymes they had been studying the month of October.  Theo was so excited for this event!  The whole month they had been learning nursery rhymes, doing accompanying projects, and learning songs to perform.  Theo gets shy, but he really likes to sing and dance.  I really enjoy hearing him singing in his room or teaching songs to Woodrow. 

For the character parade the kids could pick a nursery rhyme character or something from a nursery rhyme to dress as.  Theo was very clear from day one that he wanted to be "the wall" from Humpty Dumpty.  Not Humpty, but the wall.  I was a little surprised/embarassed by this at first, and thought I could gently persuade Theo to be something else.  So we looked through some of our books of nursery rhymes and his other suggestions included "the cake" from Pat-a-Cake or "the plum" from "Georgie Porgie".  Clearly he was going with the non-person theme, so we stuck with "the wall." 

Thankfully Mason was home on paternity leave and took on the project of making the costume.  I had a vision and had purchased supplies, but Mason's vision/execution was so much better than I could have ever helped Theo make.  Theo helped make his costume and had such a blast at his Character Day Parade. He was so excited that Woodrow got to come in to his school and that he got to show of Max, who was just one week old. 


No comments: