Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Maximus: 1 month old

What a sweet baby boy!  The first month of life is just so huge.  This little tiny human is born, which is an amazing miracle.  Everything is new to them, and even to us, even though this isn't our first baby.  Three years between children is enough time to forget so many of the small details. 

So the first two weeks were a bit of a blur.  I am beyond thankful Mason was able to take his full 10 days of paternity leave because I could not have done this without him.  I pretty much remember being totally sore in my incision, sore chest (why doesn't it feel better after you've nursed before?), exhausted.  I'm pretty sure I felt like I nursed and fell asleep in the recliner constantly and occasionally chugged some water Mason threw at me, grabbed showers at some point, and ate occasionally.  Lots of peanut butter crackers-but that helped me drop all the weight immediately.  After two weeks I was sort of thrown back into things as Mason went back to work and I had to get back into life with three.  Driving to take Theo to school, lifting (which was the most uncomfortable still), etc...and starting the milk storage for the future.

Anyways, you're here for Max news!  At his one month checkup he weighted 9.45lbs and was 21/22 inches long.  The doctor was impressed with his growth.  Yay baby!  He's wearing newborn and 0-3 month clothes mostly, and in newborn diapers.  Max loves to eat!  He does not want to miss a meal.  Eating almost to the minute every 2-3 hours and sometimes taking 4-5 hour rests we'll keep him.  We try really hard to not wake our babies to feed them.  Sweet little guy snorts and roots around when he wants to eat.  It's so cute and reminded me of Theo, because Theo was a snorter too. 

Max also does not like to have a dirty diaper.  He lets us know right away that he wants to be changed.  I didn't think we'd be able to have a college fund for him because he pretty much went through 1000s of diapers in the first month.  He was constantly pooping!!!  We swaddle Max at night and during the day he sleeps mostly on one of us or in his swing.  Figuring out naps with three is nearly impossible, sadly!

Mighty Maximus, in efforts to not be left behind rolled from his stomach to his back at NINE days old.  We even have video to prove it.  He continues to roll, and doesn't mind tummy time.  Mason's super about doing his exercises, stretches, tummy time, and music enrichment.  

At just 10 days old we took Max trick-or-treating with the big kids, but Max just hung out in the stroller in his little Halloween outfit. 

Max also got to take his first beach trip.  We hung out on the sand while the big boys played in the water.  I'll post more about that trip later, but Max was good to travel with.  He doesn't mind his car seat and seems to enjoy being out in the fresh air. 

He also got his first baby photo session with Mason.  I think the pictures came out so sweet!  He's a great baby and the big brothers adore him!  Woodrow mostly comes up and takes a quick glance, and says "hey Max" but Theo wants to hold him, be 1mm away from his face, and all around him.  Theo has told EVERYONE he knows that we had a new baby named Maximus.  His teacher even sent a card and book from the whole class. 

We love our little Maximus, and I know he's just got lots more to show us!

No comments: