Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Theo's 5th Birthday Party

I'm 5!
Holidays and birthdays in particular are when I really start to notice the similarities between Theo and myself.  While Theo may change his mind about what he wants his Halloween costume to be everyday, he is very serious about his birthday plans.  He planned them out months ago and would tell anyone who would listen what his agenda was. 
This was Theo's birthday planning sheet that he made a few months back.  He decided early on that he wanted a Star Wars birthday party and so this represented his party plans:  Pizza and Lemonade for food, bobbing for apples, Goody Bags, a Darth Vader cake, Storm Trooper cupcakes, pin the light saber on Darth Vader, pin the light saber on the storm trooper, presents, pinata, checkmark (that it all gets done), 5, T (for Theo), and a heart (he loves us).  Haha.  This was the staple for all party planning.  I was mostly nervous that we'd have enough little friends to invite to the party by the end of September.

Playing Star Wars bingo (a present) before bed
We had his party on October 1st and it was everything he could have dreamed of!  I think he had a BLAST.  We invited a few friends, and they mostly played when they arrived, we had a Star Wars themed lunch, played a few party games, had cupcakes, opened presents, and kiddos went home and we all took naps.  I'm so thankful for all of Mason's help with the party since I had hosted a big squadron event the night before, but it all went smoothly and was pretty relaxed.  Theo had fun and that's all that mattered to us.



Woodrow and I prepping the food




Theo read about bobbing for apples in a Bernstein Bears book almost a year ago and has wanted to do it since. 

Kudos to Dad and his Darth Vader drawing

Pinata!
Birthday hangover
 

No comments: