Mason and I are really thrilled to be expecting Baby Kehs #3! We found out in February that I was pregnant, and we waited a really long time for the 10 week ultrasound in Minot. This appointment happened to be our last week in Minot, and I'm so glad that we got a glimpse at the little one. When I was pregnant with Theo and Woodrow I had both of my first appointments in Shreveport and had at least two ultrasounds before 12 weeks, and in Minot waiting until 10 weeks along felt like an eternity, especially when you can't feel what's going on inside.
We were really glad that we were able to see family in person to tell them our exciting news. We told the boys the day before telling our first set of family members so they wouldn't spill the beans. When we told them Theo asked when the baby was going to be born, if it was a boy or girl, and if the baby had a name. Woodrow just kept repeating for a month, "I not Woodrow, I big brother." Both boys have been very excited to talk about having a baby. Woodrow says he's having a sister, and Theo thinks it will be another brother, although today when we were putting away the baby clothes he kept saying "she".
| 10 Week Baby Kehs #3 |
I was hoping for an ultrasound at my first appointment in Guam, but instead it was a paperwork meeting. The second appointment, they listened to the heartbeat (everything was great) but no glimpse inside. My next appointment will be the first week in June and will be the big anatomy scan at 20 weeks. And we won't be finding out the gender this time around either. It's hard to believe I'll be 18 weeks pregnant this week! I can't wait to see baby again, although I am starting to feel those little movements.
I'm grateful for the second trimester to be here, because I was not the most pleasant during the first trimester. I was nauseous, food sounded gross/smelled gross and and didn't do much cooking at all. Mason was a super trooper especially since I was exhausted all the time. Naptime was my best friend and it was exhausting to be moving and planning the move during all this, plus not telling anyone, so I'm sure I just seemed unreasonably whiny. I'm feeling much better and I'm hoping it lasts, although I could go for more naps. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment