Hopefully by now most of you have received our holiday letter and card...as my cousin Nora said, apparently the Pony Express was delivering them this year because it was taking up to two weeks in some areas. Anyways, I hope you all had wonderful holidays and a happy New Year. I hope to blog more regularly this year so you aren't reading about Easter when Halloween is approaching. And I totally just saw my typos. Whoops!
Happy Holidays!
This year
flew by! It’s hard to believe that it is
already December again and a whole year full of fun, amazing memories has
past. We started out the year visiting
family and friends in the Chicago area after the holidays. Mason headed to Vegas for a work trip and the
kiddos and I headed East to Tennessee.
Mason joined up with us once we were there for his Dad’s wedding and
then we all made the drive back to Minot together. This summer we took a big two week road trip
to Canada! We went to Waterton Lakes
National Park, Banff National Park, and Jasper National Park-more beautiful
than I can describe. Bears, moose, and
mountains! And we’re finishing off the year with a trip home to the Chicago
area for more time with family and friends.
Mason has
been a busy guy this year-not uncommon!
He is in the 69th Bomb Squadron and is responsible for managing the
squadron’s weapons and tactics program.
He has had several trips this year to his second home, Las Vegas, as
well as Louisiana and Oklahoma. This
year he took Theo on his first non-backyard camping trip to a small forest near
Minot. He also took the kids to a Pow
Wow, Jurassic Quest, and lots “night hikes” around the neighborhood. He’s become the expert Aurora Borealis
spotter and has taken some amazing photos this year of the Aurora and our
trips!
I am
continually grateful to be able to stay at home with the boys and enjoy this
time with them while they are little. We
spend lots of time on the go, but also plenty of time just hanging at home
enjoying down time. I am still working
for K12, teaching online 6th-12th grade English and Social Studies
courses. The workload really picked up
this Fall, but it’s remained manageable with my schedule. I stepped back from a few roles this year and
it’s lifted a huge weight from my shoulders and I’ve been able to focus on my
spirituality and just really spending time with good people. It’s amazing how a few small changes can
really impact life in a big way, and I’m excited for the upcoming year!
Theo has
grown-up a lot this year. He turned four
in September and just has the funniest things to say. He talks NON-STOP at home, which is why it is
so funny to me that his preschool teacher says he’s very quiet at school. Theo started in preschool this Fall two
mornings a week and he loves it. It’s
the perfect amount of time for us and he is learning a lot. He got to bring cupcakes on his birthday, has
had show-and-tell, and he’s gotten to be the daily helper twice. He also attends the Wise Owl Science Club 3
times a month and Lego club. We’ve taken
swimming lessons on and off this year, and attend gymnastics each week. He’s gotten much more coordinated than last
year. Theo is an awesome big brother,
and is definitely into Super Heroes, building with Legos, and pretend
play!
Our little
Woodrow doesn’t seem so little anymore. He is bounding around the house like a big kid
these days and always wants to keep up with his big brother. Woodrow started speech therapy in the Spring
and he’s just grown by leaps and bounds!
He picked up quite a bit of sign language and was using it regularly,
and now we hear him using words and chatting away all the time. Woodrow likes his one-on-one time when Theo
is in school and all the other times Theo is busy with activities. Woodrow gets to do mommy and me gymnastics
and he mostly enjoys it. He’s not a fan
of the floor part or the trampoline, but the boy digs the balance beam, bars,
and circuit. This little guy is totally
into cars, trains, and anything that moves!
He also really likes playing with all of our toy animals and of course
playing superheroes with his big brother.
While I
haven’t been blogging as much as I would like to, I am still keeping at it. You can check out all our adventures at http://ellenmason.blogspot.com and Facebook for photos from our
trip to Canada.
Peace and Love,
Mason, Ellen,
Theodore, & Woodrow

No comments:
Post a Comment