Monday, August 18, 2014

Woodrow at 12 Months

Wow!  Times flies by with the second child.  It is so hard to believe that Woodrow is already one.\ and is sweet as can be.  After his first month of life, I remember telling almost everyone for several months that if he survived to his first birthday, it would be a miracle...Theo loved to love his brother which mostly involved squeezing and smushing his baby brother.   

Height: 29.5 inches




Weight: 19 lbs. 14 oz.
Diapers: Size 3 diapers













Clothes: Wearing 9mo/12 mo. clothing

-Woodrow started walking before his first birthday.  He doesn't want to be left behind, and was tired of scrapped up knees from playing outside this summer.  He has been working this month on gaining speed and discovering more things to get into.

-What an explorer!  Putting things in the trash, throwing toys everywhere, climbing on tables, trying to play in the toilet if the seat is left up...Woodow likes to get into everything!!

-Teething really bites!  Woodrow is not a fan and can get quite crabby.  He's got 2 bottom teeth, 2 top teeth that are fully through, and 4 more on top that are poking through.  Time for a toothbrush!

-My sweet guy is a little mama's boy, but is warming up to Mason more and more, and definitely LOVES, LOVES, LOVES Theo!  They'll be full on wrestling in a few years. 

-Woodrow likes to watch along with Theo's TV shows, so he sees much less Sesame Street, but lots of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood.  He also likes to play trains, and build blocks, and "cook".

-I'm trying to get Woodrow to sit still more so we can read books more.  Theo is a book worm, but Woodrow doesn't sit still much to pay attention.  He does really like to hear songs and music, so I try to sing to him frequently.

-We take lots of little outings and Woodrow likes to sit-up in the cart or stroller and observe the surroundings.  he's started to pay more attention to the animals at the zoo, and what we're doing at different places.   

-Someone is attached to his pacifiers...although we seem to have lost our doggie wubanub.  :(  

-Woodrow loves water!  He loves to play in the bath, shower, pool, his new water table, and he always finds my water glasses that I leave around the house, you'd think I'd learn by now.

-He is still eating some baby food, but has started to eat from the baby pouches which is going to be nice for our upcoming road trip.  He is a little particular about what he eats, but I feel like he's usually changing what he does and does not like.  He likes pizza, fruit, yogurt, cinnamon toast, peanut butter crackers, PB&J, hotdogs, goldfish, and yogurt bites.  He does not like peas, green beans, or bananas.


This little boy is such a blessing to our family, and he has taught me so much.  I've questioned so many things about being a parent and how nature/nuture apply in children's lives.  He's so smiley and personable.  I love him soooo much!















 

No comments: