This month had some highs and lows for our little Woodrow. The best part of this month was that Mason came home from just over 5 long months being away from his boys. Woodrow was very glad to see his Daddy and recognized him with no problems! Way better than Skype. :) I wasn't sure how Woodrow would react since he is pretty clingy to me and I had been out of town for 5 days before Mason came home, but nothing could keep him from his Dad; except maybe big brother Theo.
On a slightly scarier note, on June 21st Woodrow woke up from his nap with a very high fever (104.3). He had gone to sleep fine. He hadn't had any symptoms of a cold or anything and woke up very snuggly and burning up. I was Skyping with Mason at the time and called the on call pediatrician to see what meds to administer and the dose since he's a little guy. They gave me the motrin/tylenol measurements and I gave him the Motrin right away, but it didn't lower the fever fast enough. Woodrow had a febrile seizure and I ended up calling the base 911 because after two-and-a-half minutes he had slowed breathing, went limp, and was turning blue. SCARY! They came really fast and Theo was a champ! He played in the playroom and talked with the firemen while the paramedics talked with me. Woodrow came back too, and his temperature had gone down. Our command spouse had driven by and she came over and was able to call Mason back to fill him in.
I decided to keep Woodrow at home since we had been through this with Theo and I figured going to the hospital would result in hours of sitting around waiting for the same meds to take affect. The paramedics left, Woodrow's temperature was down, and he was just super snuggly. After a little while he went down for a little nap and woke up with a sky-high fever again. I gave him Tylenol even though it was a little early, and he seized again, for three minutes. I called the on call pediatrician again to see what they suggested, and I decided to take him to the ER. My wonderful neighbor took Theo. It was right about 9pm when I was getting out the door, and Theo was very agreeable to go to their house for bed, even though he had to sleep in "that little baby crib" (the pack n play).
Woodrow and I were at the ER for about 3.5 hours and left with a lowered fever, dose of anti-biotics, and a prescription for anti-biotics and diagnosis of a possibly bladder infection and bit of pneumonia in his right lung, which they believed to cause the fever. Thankfully my Mom arrived on Monday (all this happened Friday), but Woodrow had developed a rash, so I took him in to the base pediatrician to have it looked at. Our pediatrician ordered the results from the ER and it turns out Woodrow didn't have a bladder infection, or pneumonia, so we decided to stop the antibiotic in case he was allergic to it. He ended up being fine, but it was all scary, and made me really wish Mason had been here.
Other than that Woodrow is a growing boy. Mason cut his hair, so Ellen Scissors-hand was able to put her clippers away. He looks way bigger with his haircut. He's been cruising more and more, but no steps yet. He has been using the walker and likes to take off when we're outside. He got to spend quality time with my mom who came to watch the boys so I could go out to Vegas for Mason's graduation, and he's been eating more regularly. Now that I'm cooking more meals we're able to introduce him to more foods, which he seems to like, but he seems more picky than Theo at this age and he's in to a throwing stage. He is a feisty one though because when we say "no" to him, he looks at us and laughs.
I can't believe he'll be ONE in less than a month. It's just crazy to me!!!
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment